Is it safe for my pet to drink the pond water?

This is a common question that I get often regarding pond water treatments. What I can say is that ponds treated with barley or beneficial bacteria’s are generally harmless to pets when applied properly.

As far as algaecides are concerned, I would suggest being careful here. I don’t think that these would be harmful when used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. I would try and discourage your pets from drinking water that was just treated to be on the safe side.

This doesn’t answer your question? email us at